Apr. 12, 2022
Grilled Bone-in Rib-eye Steak with Compound Butter
Here is the recipe that I use on a piece of bone-in rib eye with herb butter:
- 16 oz x 1 Rib-eye
- 100g butter (70g compound butter + 30g basting)
- 3 sprigs of chives or 2 sprigs of green onions
- 1 sprig of thyme, finely chopped
- 1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Crushed Black Peppercorns
- 30ml vegetable oil (15ml for marination + 15ml searing)
- Pat dry the steak with a paper towel. In a mixing bowl, season generously with salt, black pepper, and vegetable oil. Mix it well. Store in fridge, covered.
- Make herb butter. Leave butter prior to room temp to soften. Finely chop green onions/chives, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. *you are welcome to grill these ingredients and throw in the blender.
- In a mixing bowl, mix well with the herb ingredients with butter. Adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper. Store in fridge to harden the butter.
- Heat up a cast iron or stainless steel skillet on high-smoking heat. Rub with some vegetable oil. Sear the steak. Perform a diamond grill mark at 11 o'clock at one point, and flip towards 2 o'clock. Flip, repeat the process. Once reach to a desired temperature, or for me, 135F, remove the meat and rest (10 mins)
- Once well rest, cut on angle and serve on a hot plate or directly on a fancy cast iron pan. Perform a quennelle over wet, warm spoons on top of the meat. ENJOY!!