Apr. 12, 2022
What is Atkins diet?
Atkins diet is created by Dr. Atkins, who believed that main reason for weight gain is the consumption of high carbohydrates (which is sugar), high fructose corn syrup, and flour.
The goal of this low carb diet is to limit carbohydrates to help the body brun fat instead of sugar as fuel. This leads to higher energy levels throughout the dat, which can help you reach your weight loss and weight maintenance goals.
Atkins diets are known for those who wants to manage their weight and prevent related health conditions, such as, diabetes, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular diseases.
What should be eaten?
- High fiber vegetables (broccoli, salad greens, asparagus)
- High fiber, low sugar fruits (apples, citrus, berries)
- Complex carbs (legumes, whole grains)
- Healthy fats (nuts, avocado, olive oil, seeds)
- Protein (poultry, red meat, fishes, eggs)
What foods to avoid?
- High carbohydrates (bread, pasta, milk)
- Starchy vegetables (corns, potatoes)
- Sweets (sugar, soft drinks, cakes, cookies)